"we live but our family give us a reason to live "

"we live but our family gives us a reason to live "

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Baby`s!!!!!!!

About two weeks ago I went outside to gather up the eggs for the day, and saw that one of the hens had built a nest with 15 eggs!  I considerd taking them but I  didn`t know how long she had been sitting on them so I  went inside got a flash light and shined it through the egg, in other words "candling it". and i saw the veins and tiny body of the chick! so I set it gently back in the nest under the Mama, and went to find a safe, warm, dry place to move her. My Mom didn`t think it would be safe for her to go in a cage with other chickens she didn`t know, so we decided that fixing up the cage that we used last time when we had chicks from the store. it needed alot of work so thats how I spent my day, I rapped it in plastic tarps so no water would get in and then  I nailed three boards acrosed, one long one  from either side of the cage, and two going from that one to the back of the cage, then I  found some old wire and bent it into a small square then nailed it to the boards I had already nailed. then I went in the house and got a cardboard box to put her and the eggs in, after I had got her and the eggs I placed the box (and all inside of it) into the wire square so it would not fall. then she was set!.    I couldn`t get any pics cause she gets scared when people get to close, but once the chicks hatch she should be less afraid and I`ll be able to get some :)




Our horse Nacoma who we love to death, is Pregnant!! we are all so excited! it will be the second time one of our horses has had a baby! we got her when she was already 5 months pregnant.
 when a horse is going to have a baby they start to get milk two week before foaling (giving birth) and yesterday she started to get milk!!!! I`m super excited!!! and so is everyone els!! I cant wait! I`ll be posing non stop pics once he/she is born.  Pray its a Girl!! :)



My Mom has a icubater in her bedroom and a few weeks ago she had placed 25 baby  quail eggs inside and today as I was typing I heard little peeps coming from inside and I looked and they are starting to hatch!! Yay! and when they come out of the incubater I will post pics of them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment